Tuesday, April 19, 2011

THE LAST SCAVENGER HUNT

Happy Invincible Summer release day! I hope it's as spectacular for you as a Tuesday can be.

So here are the answers from yesterday's..

1. Abby (Also acceptable: Abigail, though I not sure she would agree with me on that.)
2. Shady Lane
3. "Shady Lane" by Pavement, teehee
4. Wil (Zombie Tag) and Will (Break). Wil is short for Wilson, Will is short for William. Go figure.

Everyone got them right! Which means today will need to be much harder...

And the randomly selected winner:

Essie!! Congratulations, Essie! Emailing me within 24 hours would be fabulous.

So we have one more scavenger hunt left! Here are the rules, same as every day:

You will have 24 hours, starting from the minute this post goes up, to answer a series of questions. You will post your answers in the comments section of this post. Some of these questions have multiple (perhaps nearly infinite) correct answers, and some do not. You must answer all correctly to have a chance to be the randomly selected winner. There will be one winner each day, and I will announce that winner in the post opening the next round of the contest. If you do not win, you are absolutely free to enter the next few rounds! If you do win, you have 24 hours to email me your mailing information before I pass off to a different winner. And please do not enter again.

To find the answers of the questions, I suggest you try some of the following strategies:

a) look deep inside yourself

b) Google it

c) copy the answers of someone who posted before you

d) ask a muser. Just saying. These guys tend to know things. They're also busy people, so you might be lucky and you might not.

(Some names to try: @gracetopia, @Sagecollins, @sayitwhirly, @althrasher, @_bethanygriffin, @briannaorg, @suzanneyoung, @brittanimae, @libbymartin, @raemariz)

e) ask me. I may take pity on you, especially if you ask me in a funny way.

f) otherwise bribe/cheat/steal. This is a lawless society.

There will be none of that +1 for following or retweeting nonsense, but I would be ever so much obliged if you would consider adding the little book in question to your goodreads shelf, because I am a goodreads whore and sometimes you need little things to make you happy.

--

Today's rules!

THE PRIZE IS:

One copy of INVINCIBLE SUMMER and one CD of INVINCIBLE SUMMER'S PLAYLIST, as well as one signed bookmark.

THE RESTRICTIONS ARE:

WE'RE INTERNATIONAL TODAY!! Enter from anywhere in the whole world. Even Antarctica!

One entry per customer. No exceptions. Don't make me come down there.

Contest ends at 5:45 PM, April 20th, 2011.

And our questions are:

1) So I know you've heard of the musers. We're a family of about 25 writers. Besides mine, what are two of our published (released already or no) books?

2) As of right this minute, what color shirt am I wearing?

3) What is Zombie Tag's release date?

4) If you had to choose one lyric that best describes you and your life, what would you choose?



Break a leg!

21 comments:

Taryn said...

1) Handcuffs, A Need So Beautiful

2) Not see-through! (That's my real answer. But if I had to guess, I'd go with pink, because the pictures you took of Gone, Gone, Gone are kinda reflecting pink.)

3) 12/20/11

4) In the immortal words of Dory, "just keep swimming."

Brielle said...

1) The Naughty List by Suzanne Young.
Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin

2) Gray?

3) December 20, 2011

4) Soldier On - The Temper Trap. "It's the here and the now and the love for the sound, of the moments that keep us moving.."

Brooke said...

1) Handcuffs, So Many Boys

2) gray (thanks @SebastianRunes for asking first)

3) December 20, 2011

4) Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat (Use Somebody, Kings of Leon)

sassysam2121 said...

1. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young and The Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

2. Gray

3. 12/20/2011

4. Every day's not easy but I'm doing what I can, I find my own reasons to party down and dance. I still get all excited bout the little things in the day, like green lights and elevators ready right away. (Best Spot In The Lot by Nice Peter)

Tabitha Michelle said...

1. The Naughty List and A Need So Beautiful
2. Gray
3. 12/20/2011
4. "Cause we just wanna be whole"- We Are Broken by Paramore

Chloe said...

1. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young & Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin

2. Gray

3. 12/20/2011

4. "You have set your heart on haunting me forever from the start it's never silent" (Panic! at the Disco - Nearly Witches)

Anonymous said...

1. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young & Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin

2. Gray

3. 12/20/11

4. "And I've written pages upon pages trying to rid you from my bones" ("The Engine Driver" by The Decemberists

Ana Lucía said...

1. Handcuffs, So Many Boys
2. Gray
3. 12/20/2011
4. Another promise, another scene, another, a package not to keep us trapped in greed with all the green belts wrapped around our minds and endless red tape to keep the truth confined (Uprising by Muse)

Bianca said...

1. The Naughty List and So Many Boys

2. Gray

3. December 20, 2011

4. "We were full of the stuff that every dream rested
As if floating on a lumpy pillow sky
Caught up in the whole illusion
That dreams never pass us by
Came to a tattoed conclusion
That the big one was knocking on the door
What started as a mass delusion
Would take me far from the place I adore" (New York City - Norah Jones)

Anonymous said...

1. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young and Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin
2. Gray
3. 12/20/2011 (also known as the day Ashy must camp out at a bookstore to get Zombie Tag.)
4. Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you. (Wonderwall by Oasis. That entire SONG describes my life. Love it. <3)

also? happy IS day, hannah. thanks for these scavenger hunts. they've been a LOT of fun. you're awesome.

The Kranky Crow said...

The Masque of the Red Death, Murder by Proxy

Navy Blue

12/20/11

"All life turns to words.
But just the sounds.
All the names are changed around."
(Water by Remy Zero)

Steve MC said...

1. The Naughty List, A Need So Beautiful
2. Grey
3. 12/20/2011
4. I was born here and I’ll die here against my will.
I know it looks like I’m moving, but I’m standing still.
Every nerve in my body is so vacant and numb.
I can’t even remember what it was I came here to get away from.
- Dylan, "Not Dark Yet"

Pedro Pablo said...

1. Handcuffs, So Many Boys
2. Gray
3. 12/20/2011
4. Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost
Doesn't mean I'll stop
Doesn't mean I will cross
---Coldplay "Lost!"

Anonymous said...

1. So Many Boys, Handcuffs
2. It's the color of the shirt you're currently wearing, of course! But general audience answer says gray, so I'll steal from them.
3. 12/20/2011
4. "Kill me romantically, fill my soul with vomit then ask me for a piece of gum. Bitter and dumb, you're my sugar plum. You're awful, I love you!"
- "Love Me Dead" by Ludo
And yes, that's exactly my life right now. :D

Heidi said...

1. Handcuffs, So Many Boys
2. Grey.
3. December 20, 2011
4. Brendan James - All I Can See... Really, like the whole song, but especially "I'll never rest till I've seen all I can see."

Frank said...

1. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young and Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin
2. General consensus seems to be grey. [ But--should you change your shirt--it will then be that new color]
3. December 20, 2011
4. You wait there and you don't take a side
You keep floating and you sing all the time
And after all the world stands still
...
Go where you want to, but don't look back.
-"Balulalow" by Revolver

Ana Lucía said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luciana said...

1. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young and Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin
2. Gray
3. December 20, 2011
4. "Well I never want to see you unhappy I thought you'd want the same for me" Almost lover by A fine frenzy

A.M. Guynes/Annikka Woods said...

1. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young and Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin
2. Gray
3. 12/20/2011
4. Falling and crawling/A fight to stand up/Memory still haunts me/In the dead of night ~Overcome, by Within Temptation

iffath said...

1) Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin and A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young

2) (It was..) grey

3) 20th December, 2011

4) "I come with a lot of baggage / And a lot of ego, and a lot of fashion" - Let Me Down Easy by 2Am Club

Eliza said...

1: So Many Boys (Suzanne Young--go Oregon!) Handcuffs (Bethany Griffin)

2: black (really I have no idea)

3: 12/20/11 (just in time for holiday giving)

4: "Don't be scared/To fly alone/Find a path that is your own" Soar by Christian Aguilera