Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Editor Appreciation Day!

This post is going to be lame and quick and not NEARLY what Anica deserves, but today is GTFO OF BROWN DAY so hopefully it will suffice.

Anica is my editor at Simon Pulse. She handled BREAK, and she'll also be doing INVINCIBLE SUMMER and whatever that third book turns out to be. And she. Is. Fabulous.

Not only does she do her job with humor, grace, and a hell of a lot of skill, but she makes you absolutely love eviscerating your novel for her. Not to mention, she sends me chocolate bars in the mail.

And every once in a while I'll get an email from her like the one I got this morning...

Do you need any books to read over break? Nothing Like You? Beautiful? The Hollow? Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood? Stupid Cupid? Other Pulse titles? Let me know what you want and I’ll send a package.

Like, are you kidding me? FREE FRICKIN' BOOKS???

I love Anica and I love Simon Pulse.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds so wonderful! I want to become a published author just so I could receive free books from awesome editors like Anica. :D

Amna said...

Free books are awesome!

Raven M said...

She gives you books! FREE books! I love your editor!

OPWFT said...

She sounds amazing. I want an editor.

Anonymous said...

And she has a really great way of making you feel special (and she appreciates cupcakes). We are lucky girls.

Kirsten Hubbard said...

I only spoke to Anica once, but I absolutely adored her. You are so fortunate to have her on your team!

Amna said...

Oh yeah, Hannah- You have an award on my blog!

Denise Jaden said...

I guess I missed the memo for Editor Appreciation Day, but I also heart Anica, for all the reasons you listed and more. She really is the bestest editor ever!