Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Brief Interruption

I know you guys want Part 3, but we need to do this first.

One year ago today...



Though it had been spotted in the wild before...




BREAK was officially unleashed upon the world.



I celebrated in the usual ways...





Since then, BREAK has received reviews like THIS:

Hannah Moskowitz delivers a passionate debut about one boy struggle to make his world sane by being insane. It's a story that I'll never forget!
A Must Read!


And like THIS...

I thought this book was absolutely boring and stupid. I am not trying to be overly harsh, but I found that I was bored throughout most of the book.


And I've received so many emails that made me do this.



So I would like to offer up a big slice of



to all the lovely ladies (and men--I know you're there somewhere) of Simon Pulse who believed in a crazy book like BREAK.

And to all of you--



Who have read BREAK, especially if you reviewed it, especially if you told a friend about it.

Thank you so much. It has been an amazing year.

Happy birthday, BREAK.

22 comments:

Emilia Plater said...

Yay yay yay! Congrats on a great year :D

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy Break-day! I read this a few months ago and told all my friends how great the book was. Can't wait for INVINCIBLE SUMMER :)

Anonymous said...

Eeeee! :D

Also, you look so different with long hair.

Monotreme said...

You are great, and you know it. Looking forward to a long and productive career from one of my favorite writers (and humans).

yvonen s. said...

I think you look cute in the author photo!

HAPPY BREAKBIRTHDAY!

Livia Blackburne said...

You seem to have a nice healthy attitude about negative reviews :-)

hannah moskowitz said...

Monotreme--That is so so sweet. Thank you so much.

Yvonne--NOT AS CUTE AS YOU BOO

Livia--The first few for every book send you into a rage, and then you seriously stop caring. As long as they read the book and got the facts right, I completely support their right to hate its guts.

L. T. Host said...

Wow, has it already been a year? Crazy!

Happy Birthday, BREAK!

Steve MC said...

Happy unleashment upon the world!

Love that proud author grin in the photo, and here's a song for you and BREAK.

hannah moskowitz said...

mc: That was fantastic.

The name is Ashelynn said...

Happy birthday, BREAK! *throws confetti*

Jenna said...

Happy birthday, Break!

suzie townsend said...

Happy Birthday BREAK!!! <3

Emily White said...

*balloons* :D

karen yuan said...

happy birthday, BREAK! :D :D :D!

Nadine said...

Congrats on a year! I really enjoyed Break and can't wait for Invincible Summer!

vic caswell said...

happy birthday BREAK!!!
i just read it a couple of weeks ago, and it was amazing!

Elissa J. Hoole said...

Happy Birthday to the Most-Often-Stolen-And-Replaced book(s) on my shelves (and...well, on my students' shelves, too, I guess...)

So Awesome, Hannah! :D

Aleeza said...

happy birthday to break! it must've been such a great year, for you and the book. you look ADORABLE with the long hair. even if you're glad you cut that 'shit' off. :D

Rachael said...

Happy birthday, Break! I can't wait to put Invincible Summer next to you on the shelf. :)

Anna Scanlon said...

Happy Break-iversary. But I'm on pins and needles for the end of your story!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Break! May it have a long and productive life!