Thursday, June 24, 2010

:)

Okay, I'm sorry that all my posts lately have been ME ME ME, but it's been a very exciting week. I promise I'll have good posts for you next week (and if you have any topics you would like to see addressed, please let me know! I'm short of ideas at the moment.)

But I needed to share this:

I'll post the PM announcement when it's up (more me me me. sigh. I really don't like to do this, guys) but right now, I can tell you that my MG novel, ZOMBIE TAG, sold to Roaring Brook Press, a children's division of Macmillan, yesterday in a two book deal. It will be a hardcover, out in Fall 2011.

And I can tell you that I am ridiculously, ridiculously excited.

I hope the lovely Suzie Townsend doesn't mind if I steal her description of the book, since it is better than anything I could ever write. It's better than the book, in fact. :)

Thirteen year old Wil Lowenstein can't help wishing his parents would
stop ignoring him and go back to the way they were before. Before,
like before his older brother Graham died in a recent accidental fire.

Wil copes with Graham's death by focusing on Zombie Tag, a
mafia/capture the flag hybrid game he created for his friends. He, his
best friend Anthony, and their other friends fight off brain-eating
zombies with their mother's spatulas. What Wil doesn’t tell anybody is
that if he could bring his dead brother back as a zombie, he would. In
a heartbeat.

In fact, when he finds a bell that can summon all the dead within five
miles, he seizes the chance. Graham returns from the dead, but he's
not the same. None of the returned are. At first they're just
emotionless, apathetic - lifeless. But then some of the zombies slowly
start to get one emotion back - anger. And Wil is going to have to
find a way to fix zombie-Graham and turn him back into the angsty
teenager he's supposed to be before it's too late. Because some of the
zombies are banding together and plotting something. And Wil isn't
sure his mom's spatulas are really going to do the trick if the
zombies really do want to eat his brains.


I'm so incredibly happy, guys.

23 comments:

Oobzie said...

::froth::

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS. This is such a fabulous news! I'm so happy and excited for you! :D

Madeleine said...

I am so excited for you! Such great news! The book sounds fantastic. :D

(And I like the way you spell Wil.)

hannah moskowitz said...

Thank you! It's short for Wilson.

Sage said...

That is a fabulous description of the book :D

Steve MC said...

WOOT! Didn't I say YOU ROCK?

Unknown said...

Oh man, this sounds fantastic! :D

kayleigh'skaleidoscope said...

I do believe you are incapable of NOT being awesome! I want this book now!

Ideas: You could talk about genres, or critique partners. I've got to go now, watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Sean Ferrell said...

Okay. I'll admit it: you're a genius.

hannah moskowitz said...

ooh, kayleigh, fabulous ideas.

Kara said...

I do not read middle grade but I REALLY want to read this !

Nadine said...

Congratulations on your new book deal!! Zombie Tag sounds great!!

Riv Re said...

Congrats.
I just stopped over to let you know that I'm reviewing Break over on my blog. I've done a mini-review on what I think of it, halfway through the novel. In a few days I plan to do a review on the whole book.
http://fantasticfantasyfan.blogspot.com/2010/06/break-midway-mention-and-did-you-notice.html

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

yay hannah!!!!! you rock!!!!!

suzie townsend said...

<3

ZOMBIE TAG rocks!

Vee said...

WOOHOO! That's wonderful news. Also, I don't mind when your posts are about you. I find you pretty awesome, so it's all good :D

Robby said...

I just shit myself. Am I allowed to say that? I said it.

hannah moskowitz said...

ROBBY YOU ARE TOTALLY ALLOWED TO SAY THAT.

Also, I'm about to email you.

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations.

Elissa J. Hoole said...

YAYYYYY! I keep stalking PM to see the announcement... eeeee!

Steve MC said...

A bit WOOT to Suzie, too! Your dramatic zombie presentation actually had me scared to go to bed (with visions of spatulas dancing in my head).

Heather Zenzen said...

OMG, that is SO, SO awesome! Congrats! This will be your first hardcover, yes? And a TWO BOOK DEAL? Sweet!

hannah moskowitz said...

Yes, my very first hardcover! I'm SO psyched.