Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cover Cover Cover Cover

My FAVORITE kind of post.

 So once upon a time I wrote a book about a magic gay fish...

 I don't have any official cover copy for this yet and fuck if I actually know how to describe it, but the basic idea is that this kid Rudy moves to an island with magic fish that are supposed to cure his sick little brother (HI I AM HANNAH MOSKOWITZ AND I WROTE THIS BOOK). And then he meets this half-fish half-boy who is ugly as all fuck and is this angry, fantastic vigilante and they have this kind of hesitant unspoken romance and there is DRAMA AND INTRIGUE. INTRIGUE, I TELL YOU. Basically it's very strange, very magically-realistic, and altogether very ME so if you like what I do and you're not squeamish about fish sex, you will like this, that's what I think. AND NOW IT HAS A COVER. My goofy blog layout won't let me post it too big, so CLICK CLICK CLICK!




I am really, really crazy about this cover. Do you think it might be kind of shiny in real life? I think it might be kind of shiny in real life.

You can add that shit on Goodreads right here if you want to! As you can tell by its 3 review average of FIVE STARS, it is an important piece of literature already. GET ON THAT SHIT.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS COVER!! omg, it's probably the best one YET! gorgeous!!! <3 I can't wait to read TEETH!

Anonymous said...

OH SNAP.

Christa Desir said...

This is the most perfect cover I have ever seen. That cover says everything that your book is about in all the best ways.

hannah moskowitz said...

Thank you guys SO much.

Steph said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Rachael said...

OH MY GOSH LOVE. I am so excited for this book!

Sarah Nicolas said...

oh, i think that cover is perfect!

Amanda said...

It's gorgeous! I bet it will be shiny.

Alba said...

~drops dead~
this is GENIUS!
I LOVE IT!

Josin L. McQuein said...

YES! This is how you do a simple, effective cover. No broody boys; no flouncy prom dresses. You get fish scales and fish hooks, and a heart with its own fangs. You get perfection.

And yes, it had best be shimmer-shiny in real life or I will be disappointed.

hannah moskowitz said...

thank you thank you THANK YOU!

tlbodine said...

I'm a little sad to realize that the book will not, in fact, be called FISHBOY. (especially because "Teeth" reminds me of that movie about the girl with the vagina dentata)

But the epic cover makes up for it.

Sarah Goldberg said...

I LOVE THIS BOOK. And I LOVE its cover. I will be so super excited to read it again! <3

hannah moskowitz said...

T.L--it reminds me of that movie too and I kind of love it.

Brittany said...

OH WOW! If I hadn't been dying to read it already, that cover would have hooked me ;) (don't worry I'm ashamed). It is AWESOME!

Lauren B. said...

I don't normally read a lot of YA, but this sounds interesting and the cover is purty :)

Kelley York said...

Do I even need to say that it's lovely and I'm crying over here while waiting to read this? No? Okay, just checking.

SO EXCITED.

Liz S said...

Ahhh! Love it! Awesome cover! I read this as a beta reader and absolutely adored it - can't wait to read the book again!

Frank said...

When I saw this, I literally gasped. I love this cover ridiculous amounts!

Lydia Sharp said...

Shiny silver scales and a fish-hook heart? Love love love.

Rachele Alpine said...

Oh goodness...that cover is the bomb diggity! Indeed...the bomb diggity.

Steve MC said...

I've been around fish hooks all my life, and never thought to do that.

Never thought of sex with a half-fish boy, either, but that's why this is your book.

:D

val h. said...

favourite cover for a hannah book yet :D :D :D

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous, Hannah! Can't wait to read it! I don't recall you ever writing about brothers before!

hannah moskowitz said...

Kevin--lololol right? branching out.

thank you, guys!

Mia said...

LOVE the cover and I can't wait to read it, but the chances of me ever being able to call this book Teeth are slim to none. I can already hear myself recommending this book to my friends, 'Have you read Magic Gay Fish yet?'

Ellen Brickley said...

Amazing cover, it looks fantastic! I usually read your books on my Kindle but I have to get me the paper version of this one!

Kat said...

I think YOU might be kind of shiny in real life.

Book Sake said...

I love the cover, but I love your description about this book even more. I'm so totally into fish sex. Or at least I am now intrigued to learn more about magical gay fish sex.

- Jessica @ Book Sake