Thursday, July 9, 2009

Avoiding...

I've been avoiding blogging because I've been a terrible person and have barely written lately. I might switch projects again. Oh my. Luckily, this isn't a new idea, but an old one I've been sitting on for awhile, so it feels like less of a gamble.

Also luckily, I have no idea how to start the new book, so it will have to wait until I think of an opening scene.

I definitely never start anything until I know how it begins, but I know some people go back and write the beginning later. To be honest, that doesn't make a bit of sense to me. Can anyone explain? How do you know how to continue if you never started?

(Less than two months until BREAK!)

(also, a did a new interview which recently went up. Check it out! http://thehighschoolinterviewer.blogspot.com/)

3 comments:

Weronika Janczuk said...

Hannah, great interview! :)

Sorry I never got back to you with my questions--was overwhelmed, still sort of am, but soon.

And promise me you'll keep writing, eh? It's good for you! ;)

Rachael said...

Yay for less than two months until Break!

I sometimes have a middle scene before I have a beginning when something pops into my head, but once that's written down so I don't forget I always go back and start from the beginning. :)

Karla Calalang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.