I do these every year.
Mostly real-life hannah, but writer hannah makes her appearances too.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Had two books come out in one year. Started dating a girl. Went abroad with my family. Starred--twice--in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Wrote one, solitary book.
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept almost all of them. I'll probably make some more.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 19th, 2011--Invincible Summer!
December 20th, 2011--Zombie Tag. And that other thing. She's going to come up a lot.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Selling magicgayfish was really, really amazing, as was Teen Author Carnival and doing a panel next to David Levithan, oh my God.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
There was the exciting head-over-heels-down-some-stairs adventure that left me with a sprained ankle and a shitton of scrapes, and I had the flu in the spring. And then I tested positive for Lyme, despite having been tested and treated and cured four years ago, so I had to do a round of antibiotics which made me sick, and hell if I even know what's up anymore. I'm finally on meds for the arthritis and they're helping a ton. THIS IS BORING, I'M SORRY, I DON'T MAKE THE QUESTIONS.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My magic gay fish, of course.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes, as always.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Turning 20. Invincible Summer. Each semester to be over. Holidays, always. Rocky shows. The deal for Fishboy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas, because...yeah.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading, like always. Sleeping. Being calm.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Same as last year: "Freaking the fuck out."
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At home with my family, and I can't fucking wait.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Ask me in a few months.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA come on. You know me.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
SO GLAD YOU ASKED. There are six I read for the first time that I absolutely HAVE to mention.
BROOKLYN, BURNING by Steve Brezenoff
CLEAN by Amy Reed
JELLICOE ROAD by Melina Marchetta
THE PIPER'S SON by Melina Marchetta
STOLEN by Lucy Christopher
THE GHOSTS OF ASHBURY HIGH by Jaclyn Moriarity
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw Easy A for the first time on New Year's Eve last year and loved it, so let's count that.
31. What did you do on your birthday. And how old were you?
Twenty. We went out for fondue like we have for my last five birthdays. It was fantastic.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being in school.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
34. What kept you sane?
Twitter, Rocky Horror, Supernatural, the Musers, my mom.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
He's surprised by the question.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Same as last year, DADT.
37. Whom did you miss?
Everything and all the things all the time. But it's going to be okay.