Friday, May 27, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
So Monday, May 23rd, I'm going to get my ass to New York City to be a part of
This is a pretty huge deal for a couple of reasons.
1) It's the first thing anything like this that I've ever done. I will be a nervous wreck.
2) In a second I'm going to post the list of authors in the panel I'm in, and if you know anything about me, you will find out another HUGE MAJOR REASON that I will be a nervous wreck. (I will put this reason in BOLD so that you will be able to locate it even if you do not know anything about me).
3) I bought a new dress.
4) I will be signing stuff! And you can probably snag an arc of Gone, Gone, Gone. Or even Zombie Tag! And duh Invincible Summer and probs Break too, who knows!
5) My family will be there. Yes. YOU CAN MEET MY MOM.
6) Check out this amazing list of authors:
Carol Estby Dagg - The Year We Were Famous
Nova Ren Suma - Imaginary Girls
Carrie Jones - Need, After Obsession, Dear Bully
Scott Tracey - Witch Eyes
David Levithan - Every You, Every Me
Melissa Walker - Small Town Sinners
Michelle Hodkin - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Elizabeth Scott - Between Here and Forever & As I Wake
Michelle Zink - Circle of Fire
Michael Northrop - Trapped
Leah Clifford - A Touch Mortal
Nick James - Skyship Academy
Amy Fellner Dominy -OyMG
Kirsten Hubbard - Like Mandarin
Malinda Lo - Huntress, Ash
Bettina Restrepo - Illegal
Caridad Ferrer - When the Stars Go Blue
Kody Keplinger - Shut Out
Torrey Maldonado - Secret Saturdays
THIS BITCH RIGHT HERE
E Archer - Geek Fantasy Novel
Gayle Forman - Where She Went
Courtney Allison Moulton - Angelfire
Susane Colasanti - So Much Closer, Something Like Fate
Andrea Cremer - Wolfsbane, Nightshade
7) I have practiced a new author signature. It includes a magic gay fish.
8) I did something weird to my hair! You should come see if you like it.
9) UM SO HERE'S THE REALLY EXCITING PART.
So the way Teen Author Carnival works is there are a bunch of different panels and you can see us talk and stuff! My panel is from 5:15-6:10 and it is called Teenage Angst: Getting It Right - The Emotions, The Voice, The Drama. And, well...here is who is on this panel.
1. David Levithan
2. Susane Colasanti
3. Melissa Walker
4. Kody Keplinger
5. Hannah Moskowitz
6. Gayle Forman
7. Torrey Maldonado
8. Caridad Ferrer
In case you didn't notice, I BOLDED THE NAME David Levithan.
Because David Levithan is my FAVORITE AUTHOR IN THE WORLD.
I mean, just check out what I wrote at the front of the traveling GONE, GONE, GONE arc.
I am not only going to talk to David Levithan, I am going to be expected to say intelligent things before or after or possibly both David Levithan. I am going to be a disaster and I am probably going to be hilarious, so you have to come see.
So pretty please, if it is at all possible, come. It is Monday, May 23 from 4pm-7:30pm at the Mulberry Street Library (10 Jersey Street, New York, NY 10012-3332). It is also a zillion percent free, unless you buy something, obviously. Which you probably should.
Most (all?) of the writers on this list I've never actually met, so I'm hideously excited to meet them and hang out with them, and if you want to come and fangirl/boy, I will be fangirl/boying just as hard. We can do it together. But come. Say hi. I like you guys so much.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
So! The arc of Gone, Gone, Gone is out--later than I intended, which is further reason that the dates I've given you are purely estimates and not anything to freak out about.
In case you didn't know, arcs of Gone, Gone, Gone are now available electronically on Galley Grab as well! So I had to do something a little different to make this arc extra-special. I totally encourage you to pick up and read the arc online, whether or not you're in the tour. And I'd love it if you'd consider doing the same review guidelines I posted for the tour itself--review/rate the hell out of it on Goodreads, but save posting it on your blog until closer to release date.
So! To make the arc exciting, I wrote all over the damn thing. There are comments and notes everywhere! I marked which parts were my favorite and which parts were added most recently. I have a little existential crisis in there about the inherent vulgarity in writing about history. One of my favorite things I did was underline the parts that are allusions to songs and other books. I think you guys will like that.
Now for your part. PLEASE fill my book with drawings and comments and whatever the fuck else you want! If you have pictures or drawings or anything you'd like to slip into the binding/into the envelope, I would LOVE that. And if the arc comes to you with any of these goodies, please look at them, enjoy them, and keep them safe so everyone else gets to look at them too! I am SO excited to get the arc back with all the evidence of all of you guys.
If you haven't emailed me your address first, PLEASE do so, even if you know I already have it from something else. Remember to put the week you've been assigned, as arbitrary as those dates are, in the subject line to help me organize. Thank you so much, and I hope you guys like the book!
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Okay, I did, as predicted, leave someone out, so we're going to be sticking someone else in with the Texas people. Since I'm too lazy to shift all the dates around (okay, it's not really a matter of laziness, it's a matter of keeping my records consistent) I want you guys to go by the dates I originally gave you when you're emailing me, but DON'T WORRY ABOUT ACTUALLY KEEPING TO THESE DATES. It's really not a big deal if the book takes until June or something to get back to me. It really doesn't matter. So just be prepared that those dates aren't actual, but PLEASE keep using them in your emails to me. They're just my way of keeping things straight. Thank you!
Friday, May 6, 2011
Thank you so much everyone who signed up! I am mega, mega excited to get this thing out!
A few notes:
1) I assigned everyone a week that goes from Wednesday to Wednesday. I'm putting it in the mail on Monday so it will hopefully arrive to person #1 on time. It would be great if you could get it in the mail before Wednesday as well. This leads to point #2.
2) Don't freak out about the dates. They're more so we have an order than anything. This is not the army. Nothing is set in stone. Things happen, I understand! People get sick, people have birthdays, the mail takes longer than it logically should, etc. etc. If you need another day or two, go for it. If the book doesn't get to you by the assigned date, wait a few days before you freak out. Just email me and keep me abreast (teehee) of what's going on. I have the tour ending two weeks before the book comes out, so we have a lot of extra days to play with. It's all good.
That being said! If you look at this list and go "oh shit I'm on vacay that week/am getting my brain replaced/am getting my mailbox taken in for a tune-up" let me know and I'll switch you with the person before/after you. Which is easy becaaaause:
3) Everything was determined geographically. That's how the order was worked out. I tried to take the order that people signed up into account, but it very rarely made much of a difference (and thanks to the cruel world, the person who signed up first is getting it last. I'm totally sorry!). But the order of who gets it in Ohio first was decided by who entered first. Same as the people in LA. (Not Texas. You guys were just "how can I not go back and forth across the state a zillion times." Who knows how I did.)
I did it this way so the book can get from place to place as quickly as possible.
So now! A few rules!
1) You know this one already: rate (and review, if you like) on Goodreads ASAP, hold off on blog stuff until March or April. You are now OBLIGATED to review, fishies, even if you hate the damn thing. Tell us WHY you hate it. Tell us in excruciating detail.
2) If you lose it, I will starve you while you watch the other fish gobble up all the fish flakes that should be yours.
3) As soon as you read this blog post, email me. I WILL start tracking you down if necessary, but that'll make me cranky.
PLEEEEEEEEASE put the week you are getting the book in the subject line of your email.
IN THIS EMAIL, I NEED:
Your real name (and do let me know what name I have you under, so I can streamline everything)
The URL of your blog.
I don't care if I already have this info, send it again.
As soon as I get your address, I will give you (if I have it) the address of the person who comes after you. I won't give out your address until the person I'm giving it to has given me theirs, k? So everything's fair and all. Try not to lose the email with the address, but I'll have them all on file, so don't freak out.
4) Write in it. Yep. I want a note at the beginning or the end. It can say something about the book or it can just say hi or it can say something dirty (preferred). I want you to slip photos or drawings between the cover and the title page for everyone else (and me!) to see. I will write a little letter in it for you before it goes out! Return the favor. Make me smile when I get it back.
Oh, one last thing! If you are not on the list and you have no idea why not, let me know. Also if you're on it twice, because I'm really not all that smart.
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO!
May 11th-May 18th: A Book Vacation
May 18th-May 25th: Pam Harris
June 1st-June 8th: sassysam
June 8th-June 15th: Jeremy West
June 15th-June 22nd: Al
June 22nd-June 29th: Tara
June 29th-July 8th: Tracey Hansen
July 6th-July 13th: M.A. Chase
July 13th-July 20th: Jamie Manning
July 20th-July 27th: Mandie Baxter
July 27th-August 3rd: Allison
August 3rd-August 10th: Another Book Junkie
August 10th-August 17th: Christwriter
August 17th-August 24th: Tabitha Michelle
August 24th-August 31st: Kari
August 31st-September 7th: Kelsey (TX)
September 7th-September 14th: Yara
September 14th-September 21st: Jeanette Bruce
September 21st-September 28th: Jacob
September 28th-October 5th: Liz
October 5th-October 12th: Linda
October 12th-October 19th: Janelle Alexander
October 19th-October 26th: Cory
October 26th-November 2nd: fakesteph
November 2nd-November 9th: Fiktshun
November 9th-November 16th: Nora Coon
November 16th-November 23rd: Eliza
November 23rd-November 30th: Lindsay
November 30th-December 7th: Becca C.
December 7th-December 14th: Sara (Manitoba)
December 14th-December 21st: Nicole Loren
December 21st-December 28th: Jamie Kline
December 28th-January 4th: Rachael
January 4th-January 11th: Erin Thomas
January 11th-January 18th: Erin (Michigan)
January 18th-January 25th: Loren Chase
January 25th-February 1st: Jamie B. (OH)
February 1st-February 8th: Lydia Brunswick
February 8th-February 15th: Amanda Sage
February 15th-February 22nd: Jess Tudor
February 22nd-February 29th: Kelsey (NJ)
February 29th-March 7th: Mbee
March 7th-March 14th: April
March 14th-March 21st: Weechagirl
March 21st-March 28th: Miranda White
March 28th-April 4th: Brittany Moore
April 4th-forever: Hannah Moskowitz
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
EDIT: AAAAND WE'RE CLOSED. Thanks everyone!
So. I have this thing. Look at it!
It's an arc of GONE, GONE, GONE! (and here it is all snuggled with the rest)...
In case you've missed it or you're new here (in which case hey I'm hannah what up have some pizza), GONE, GONE, GONE is my 2012 YA coming out with Simon Pulse.
I don't like to pick favorites, but...I really like this book.
You can check out the official blurb right here, on the back of the book: (click to make it bigger!)
But I should say a little about it, right?
GONE, GONE, GONE is one of my very favorite things I've written. It's about love and guns and lots of other ugly little things. It is dark and quiet and it is also really damn jubilant, if you ask me. It has my favorite narrator I've ever written in the form of this weird, passionate, awkward insomniac named Craig, and one of my favorite characters in Lio, who is maybe the character I've put through the most shit, ever, but is also ridiculously well-adjusted.
Also there are parents! They are present! And they are good parents!
And of course there are siblings, because it is one of my books.
Anyway. I hope you like it because I really do.
BUT HERE'S THE EXCITING PART.
Usually, when I get my two arcs from Simon Pulse, I keep one for my greedy little self and give one away to someone on the blog.
But why give it away to one person when I can give it to all of you??
That's right, fishies...WE'RE HAVING AN ARC TOUR.
And guess what? This book doesn't start until April 17th, 2012, but if you guys help me out, you can have this damn thing really, really soon.
Here's the deal.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER IF: You are in the U.S. or Canada, you are a book blogger, and you promise to review this book. (NOTE: My definition of "book blogger" is pretty lenient. If you have a blog where you will review my book, you're in.)
To get into the tour, you need to comment on this post telling me that you've done both of two things:
1. Added GONE, GONE, GONE on Goodreads. Right here.
2. Bought INVINCIBLE SUMMER.
Yeah, that's kinda gross, I realize. But chick's gotta eat. Just comment and be like "yeah, I bought that shit." It counts, obviously, if you ordered it and it's on its way. It counts, obviously, if you order/buy it as a response to this post.
(But hannah, can't we just lie and tell you we bought it if we hadn't? Yeah, you can, d-bag.)
I want to give each of you a week with the book, which means the first 50 people to comment are in. U.S. and Canada only, sorry, it's just not fair to make someone else pay the postage to get it to you, internationals. I love you dearly.
If 50 people don't enter, no problem! I'll close this after a week and send the book out however many weeks before release. So if 20 people enter, I'll send it to the first person 20 weeks before release. So if you want it now, tell your friends! The more people, the sooner you get it. EDIT: If I get enough entries, I'll consider extending the tour through a month or so after it comes out.
I'll organize it geographically, so the closest person to College Park, MD will get it first, you lucky dog. LEAVE YOUR CITY AND STATE in your comment, and later I will make you email me your address and I will pass it along to the person before you in the tour. Hopefully I will not fuck this up. I promise not to give your address to weird people.
So yes, you'll have a week to get the book, read it, and send it to the next person. I'll send to the first person, the last person will send it back to me. If you drop the ball and lose my arc, you will be BLACKLISTED FROM EXISTENCE. You don't want that.
Important note, worth repeating: YOU MUST REVIEW THIS BOOK, whether or not you like it. But! Please DO NOT post this review on your blog until a month or two before release date. But PLEASE PLEASE rate it, and even review it! on Goodreads or Librarything or wherever the fuck (but Goodreads, please, I'm a Goodreads ho) as soon as possible after you finish it. I need the buzz, kay? Let's grassroots this shit.
Any questions, PLEASE hit me up either in the comments or on twitter (@hannahmosk). Aaaand go!